California State University
Founded since 1857, The California State University is one of the world’s largest public university system, that is made up of 23 campuses across the state of California. Cal state University educates 484,000 students annually and is deemed as one of the most diverse student bodies in the United States.
The California State University promotes student success through opportunity and a high-quality education that prepares students to become leaders in the changing workforce, making the CSU a vital economic engine for California.
Board of Trustees
The 25-member Board of Trustees adopts regulations and policies governing the entire CSU system. Board
committees have authority over educational policy, finance, campus planning, and facilities, among other areas.
Made in CSU
Meet some of the 3.7 million remarkable California State University alumni making a difference in the lives of the
people of California and the wordl. The alumni highlighted here are leaders in every major industry in the state, and
all point to one common element in their success: a California State University education.
Head of Engineering, Learning
San Jose State
B.S., Computer Engineering(2000)
- Lockheimer serves as vice president of engineering, LinkedIn Learning, working to empower every member of the global workforce to develop the
skills they need to realize economic opportunity and connect organizations and professionals with learning experiences that make them more productive and
- Previously, she served as senior director and head of engineering at LinkedIn, leading efforts to attract new members and deepen egagement with
her leadership, the growth team doubled the member signup rate and tripled the total member count. She has been with LinkedIn nearly nine years.
- Prior to LinkedIn, Lockheimer spent nine years at Good Technology, where she ended as director of server engineering.
In that role, she spearheaded efforts to synchronize email and PIM data between Exchange and mobile devices.
- Lockheimer leads LinkedIn’s Women in Tech Initiative to empower women at LinkedIn to transform their careers and
the company and has been on the board of the Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology for five years.
- A veteran ambassador with the TechWomen international exchange program, a judge for the Technovation competition for teenage girls, and an
advisory board member for the Silicon Valley Women in Engineering program at San José State, Lockheimer is a sought-after mentor to other women building
careers in the software engineering and technology fields.
Notable CSU Alumni in Science & Technology
Founder, President And CEO,
Agriculture And Priority
Pollutants Laboratories (APPL),
Ahmad Sabirin Arshad, Ph.D.
Astronautic Technology Sdn
San Diego State
San Luis Obispo
President Of The Institute Of
Electrical And Electronics
Engineers (IEEE), IEEE
President, Bleyco, Inc.
Desiree Ellie Cachette
Vice President, Product Marketing/General Manager, New York City Office, Koombea
Recipient Of Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships For New Americans And Ph.D. Candidate, Rockefeller Institute
Chief Executive Officer, Digital Deployment